The DAV Electronics BG1 Mic Pre is stunning quality and incredible value for money. These are the pre-amp designs as used in the original Decca studios.
Massive gain, low noise and distortion, the pre-amp retains the integrity of the source like nothing else. With 3 HPF frequencies, clip LED, and pad per channel, with global 48V and phase reversal on channel 1.
A unique feature is a button that sends channel 1 input through outputs 1 & 2, for anti latency monitoring when using a computer system. The BG1 has click detente input gain and draws everything out of the microphone for a huge sound.
Every reviewer and end user has fallen in love with this unit, we think it's the biggest bang for buck in a dual mic pre.
Hand made in the U.K.
The DECCA Heritage:
Decca Studio was a recording facility based in Broadhurst Garden in West Hampstead which started in 1929 and has been hugely influential in recording classical music but also in rock n roll recording such artists as David Bowie and The Rolling Stones.
DAV Electronics BG1 Main Features:
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 150KHz ± 0.25dB
- Decca Heritage Gain Range: 26dB - 59dB in 3dB steps. [pad in 0dB - 33dB]
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% Typ, 0.001% 1KHz @ +20 dBu o/p
- High Pass Filters: 22Hz, 33Hz, 68Hz @ 12dB per octave.
- Noise: 25 microvolts [-110dB ref +20 dBu.
- Bandwidth: 10Hz-18KHz input loaded 150 ohms, 32dB gain
- Phase Reversal: CH 1 only
- Level Indication: Red LED +18dBu - Green LED +15dBu ( Can be pre-set for your operating level )
- 48v Phantom: Switchable
- Clipping Level: +29 dBu
- 26dB Pads: Ch 1 & Ch 2
- Dimensions: 60 x 115 x 295mm (HxWxD)